Your personal address in the U. S.
Whether purchasing items via catalogue, internet, or shopping abroad;
“BEST Direct” is the easiest and fastest way to get your shipment from the U.S. to Bermuda.
Simply give your supplier your “BEST Direct” ship to address and we will do the rest!
Sign up today by filling in the application below, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 294-6226
“BEST Direct” is for packages only. Mail, letters or magazines received through “BEST Direct” can be forwarded to you in our regular ocean surface mail shipments for a minimal collection & handling fee.
We deliver your BEST Direct packages to you for FREE in the Hamilton area!
Sign up for BEST Direct is FREE!
We offer the easiest, fastest, least expensive, & BEST way
to get your small packages from the U.S. to Bermuda !!!
Now that you are signed up:
- Call your bank to have them add your “BEST Direct” address to your credit card as one of your “Ship to” address.
Many U.S. and foreign companies will require this before processing your orders.
- All shipments will be received at our “BEST Direct” facility in New Jersey for processing
YOUR NAME C/O BEST Shipping
110A Newfield Avenue
Edison, NJ 08837 U.S.A.
From New Jersey your shipments will be forwarded to you in Bermuda.
- Expect a 24 – 72 hour delivery time (3 business days) from the time that we receive your package at our “BEST Direct” facility in New Jersey.
- You will be notified that your package has been received at our office on 1 Canal Lane, Pembroke, HM02 and is ready for collection.
- We cannot ship any items without an invoice. Please send a copy of your invoice(s) to email@example.com
- Your “BEST Direct” address must be on all shipping labels and must include your name.
- Check the weight and size of your shipments before shipping so that you can accurately estimate your costs before they ship to Bermuda. You will also then be able to calculate if “BEST Direct” is the preferred method of shipping. With ocean and regular air freight services offered, we will be able to recommend the most cost effective means of shipping. Please contact us on 294-6226 or 292-8080 and one of our agents will be pleased to assist you.
- Large light items will be shipped by size and not weight and can be quite expensive. If you have any questions on the most cost efficient way to ship your larger items.
- As of April 1 2012 all businesses importing through our BEST Direct service must be registered as a business with Bermuda Customs and must have their own Trader ID number.
We encourage frequent overseas shoppers to acquire a Trader ID number as well.
Application For a CAPS ID Number
Dimensional Weighing Calculations
Shipping larger items takes up a lot of space on the aircraft and therefore are billed by size or “Dimensional Weight”. For instance items such as comforters do not weigh much however, they are quite large and can be costly to ship using this service.
Be sure to calculate your shipments when ordering to know how your goods will be billed.
Measuring in inches you can calculate the dimensional weight in pounds.
All airlines and courier companies bill by actual weight or “Dimensional Weight” whichever is greater.
- No single package can exceed 150 lbs. in weight.
- Carrier fuel surcharges are calculated and will be added to your freight / shipping cost and are accessed and adjusted by the carrier based on fluctuating energy costs.
Customs Clearance Information
As soon as you place an order for goods, please submit a copy of your invoice(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org
We cannot ship any goods without an invoice; thus, if we do not receive an invoice your shipment will be delayed until one can be provided. As this is a requirement of H.M. Customs, we suggest that you have your supplier send you a copy of the invoice at the time of purchase to avoid any delays.
When you import goods into Bermuda, our Customs Clearance Department will processes all required paper work with expert capabilities! We will submit The Bermuda Customs Declaration (BCD) on your behalf as this document must be stamped and approved by H.M. Customs before goods can be released.
All items arriving must pay the applicable duty rate based on the value of the goods invoiced.
A wharfage fee is also payable to Bermuda Customs, of 1.25% of the value of the goods invoiced arriving via Air, Ocean or Courier.
Along with the regular method of payments by cash or check, we accept credit and debit cards for shipping, duty charges, and insurance upon receipt of goods at our 1 Canal Lane, Pembroke office.
We deliver free of charge in the Hamilton area!!!
If you wish for packages to be delivered elsewhere, we can also provide this service for a minimal fee.
Our “BEST Direct” rates from the U.S. are fast, reliable and competitive.
- First pound $15.00
- Each additional pound $4.50 (if between actual or dimensional weight from 2 – 30 pounds)
- Each additional pound $3.25 (if between actual or dimensional weight from 31 – 150 pounds)
- Insurance 3%