Whether purchasing items via catalogue, internet or shopping abroad "BEST Direct" is the easiest and fastest way to get your shipment from the U.S. to Bermuda. Simply give your supplier your "BEST Direct" ship to address and we will do the rest.
Your personal "BEST Direct" addresses are private U.S. addresses for Bermuda residents and businesses needing a reliable, fast way to import packages weighing up to 150 pounds.
Your personal "BEST Direct" address is a private U.S. shipping address for Bermuda residents and businesses needing a reliable, fast way to import packages weighing up to 150 pounds. "BEST Direct" is for packages only. Mail, letters or magazines received through "BEST Direct" can be forwarded to you in our regular ocean surface mail shipments for a minimal collection & handling fee.
Now that you are signed up:
• Call your bank to have them add your "BEST Direct" address to your credit card as one of your "Ship to" address. Many U.S. and foreign companies will require this before processing your orders.
• All shipments will be received at our "BEST Direct" facility in New Jersey for processing and will be forwarded to you here in Bermuda.
• Expect a 24 - 72 hour delivery time (3 business days) from the time that we receive your package at our "BEST Direct" facility in New Jersey.
• You will be notified that your package has been received at our office on 3 Addendum Lane North, Pembroke and is ready for collection.
• Your "BEST Direct" address must be on all shipping labels and must include your name.
• Check the weight and size of your shipments before shipping so that you can accurately estimate your costs before they ship to Bermuda. You will also then be able to calculate if "BEST Direct" is the preferred method of shipping. With ocean and regular air freight services offered, we will be able to recommend the most cost effective means of shipping. Please go to our website www.best.bm to see all of our other services.
• Large light items will be shipped by size and not weight and can be quite expensive. If you have any questions on the most cost efficient way to ship your larger items, please contact us on 292-8080 Ext: 412, 415 or 428 and one of our agents will be pleased to assist you.
As of April 1 2012 all businesses importing through our BEST Direct service must be registered as a business with Bermuda Customs and must have their own Trader ID number.
BEST Direct is not responsible for failure by any client to present all required documentation in advance of any clearance and reserves the right to levy a service surcharge $30 due to consignee error or omission.
All airlines and courier companies bill by actual weight or "Dimensional Weight" whichever is greater. Shipping larger items takes up a lot of space on the aircraft and therefore are billed by size or "Dimensional Weight". For instance items such as comforters do not weigh much however they are quite large and can be quite costly to be shipped using this service.
Be sure to calculate your shipments when ordering to know how your goods will be billed.
Calculations in inches:
Length x width x height divided by 136 = the number of pound of Dimensional weight.
• No single package can exceed 150 lbs. in weight.
• Carrier fuel surcharges are calculated and will be added to your freight / shipping cost and are accessed and adjusted by the carrier based on fluctuating energy costs.
Along with the regular method of payments by cash or check, we accept credit and debit cards for the shipping, duty charges and the insurance upon receipt of goods at our 3 Addendum Lane North office. If you wish for packages to be delivered, we can also provide this service for a minimal fee.
Our "BEST Direct" from the U.S. are fast, reliable and competitive.
First pound $15.00
Each additional pound $4.50 (if between actual or dimensional weight from 2 - 30 pounds)
Each additional pound $3.25 (if between actual or dimensional weight from 31 - 150 pounds)